This chocolate cake made with unsweetened apple sauce will really amaze you. Not only will you love the taste and texture but you can pat yourself on the back for reducing the amount of fat and calories in something as scrumptious as chocolate cake
Apple Sauce Chocolate Cake
- 1 Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup New England Apple Sauce Unsweetened Gala Apple Sauce
- Preheat oven to, 180C, 160C Fan, Gas Mark 4 or 350F
- Lightly coat a 24 x 35 cm or 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a medium size bowl, beat brown sugars, milk, eggs, and applesauce until well mixed.
- Slowly beat the dry mixture into the wet mixture until blended.
- Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until edges are brown and toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- If you prefer sprinkle with some powdered sugar.