Do you want an easy, healthy breakfast that tastes amazing and is incredibly healthy? Then this recipe is for you. (Yes you, sitting there reading this. I’m talking to you.)
If you want food that is low in fat, has no added sugar and no salt then look no further. It also provides 10% of your fibre for the day. At only 250 calories it’s a great way to start your day!
(Compared to 450 calories for a bacon sandwich)
Easy Apple Sauce Porrdige
- ½ cup 118gm milk of choice (Try oat milk)
- ½ cup 45gm organic oats (You might like the jumbo organic type)
- ½ cup 125gm 100% Organic Chunky, Unsweetened New England Apple Sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon omit this if using Cinnamon or Cinnamon and Maple Syrup Apple Sauce
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the oats. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat.
- Allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Mix in the cinnamon and pour into a bowl.
- Spoon in your choice of 100% organic New England Apple Sauce and stir to combine*.